The Graduate Management Admission Test, or GMAT, is an important part of the business school application process. The GMAT is a multiple-choice, computer-based and computer-adaptive standardized exam that is often required for admission to graduate business programs (MBA) globally.
The GMAT is developed and administered by testmaker GMAC, to assess analytical writing and problem-solving abilities, while also addressing data sufficiency, logic, and critical reasoning skills that it believes to be vital to real-world business and management success.
Today, More than 7,000 programs at approximately 2,300+ graduate business schools around the world accept the GMAT as part of the selection criteria for their programs. The total GMAT score ranges from 200-800 and is valid for up to 5 years. On an average, GMAT accounts for 22% weight-age in the overall MBA Applications.
Here’s why GMAT is the most globally recognized indicator of your readiness for business school:
- GMAT is an industry benchmark for any business school admission. Taking the GMAT and meeting your goal score is an important part of your application.
- Using GMAT scores helps schools see how different applicants measure up against each other in a standardized way.
- Business programs rely on the GMAT to see if you can handle the rigorous academic classes of graduate school.
- GMAT scores can be used for qualifying for merit-based scholarships and getting a job after business school.
- Many business schools care about applicants’ GMAT scores because they contribute to schools’ national rankings.
- It measures the skills you have and is available whenever you’re ready to take it. Testing for the exam is available worldwide
- The GMAT also instills qualitative values like increased knowledge, confidence, good habits like perseverance and diligence.
- GMAT scores are also looked up by recruiters as a testament to your ability to perform and your communication and quantitative skills.
Business schools trust the GMAT exam because it has set the standard for its ability to predict candidates’ academic performance in today’s graduate management programs.
Arm yourself with one of the best GMAT Training in Dubai. Prep yourself and get the right strategy by taking Excelligenz GMAT coaching classes in Dubai.